What do I pay for in Webflow?
In Webflow you pay for Webflow plans. Webflow plans are subscription-based offerings that provide users with various web design (such as the "Designer") and hosting services for their website, as well as team collaboration features.
What is Free in Webflow?
When you sign up for Webflow, you automatically get a free Starter Site plan and a free Starter Workspace.
Within this Workspace, you can start with up to 2 free sites hosted on webflow.io domains, as well as the ability to invite up to 2 Agency or Freelancer Guests that can work on your site.
Each site begins with a free Starter Site plan, allowing you to build a basic website. It comes with limitations: 2 static pages, 50 CMS items and 50 form submissions. This setup is ideal for learning and testing.
BONUS TIP: When signing up to Webflow, you have access to their brilliant Webflow University. There you can learn all things Webflow, for FREE. You have precise tracking, to help you visualize your progress, and the ability to become a Certified Webflow Expert.
What Webflow plans are there?
Webflow offers two distinct categories of plans: Site Plans and Workspace Plans.
A Site Plan is necessary for your website to be hosted and to get full Webflow web design features.
When you sign up for Webflow, you automatically get a free Starter Site plan. You can upgrade to a paid Site plan to publish, host, or unlock additional site-building features.
What’s a site? A site refers to any website or prototype you create using the Webflow platform.
A Workspace Plan is a subscription for teams, agencies & freelancers to work on multiple projects in Webflow.
When you sign up for Webflow, you automatically get a free Starter Workspace. You only need to upgrade to a paid Workspace if you need more than one seat, two unhosted sites, or collaboration features (like publishing permissions).
What’s a Workspace? A Workspace is a shared space in your Webflow account where you can invite teammates and clients to work on sites together.
What’s the difference between a Workspace & a Site plan? A Workspace plan is for team collaboration and managing multiple sites, while a Site plan is for getting a site live and unlocking all of Webflow’s features like custom domains and advanced tools.
Webflow Site Plans
Webflow General Site Plans
These plans are designed to meet the hosting and functionality needs of a single site. Key features typically include hosting services, custom domain integration, SEO tools, content management systems (CMS) capabilities, marketing tools integrations and varying levels of support depending on the plan.
- Ideal for hobby and staging sites
- Offers Webflow.io domain, 2 pages, 50 CMS items
- Allows 50 form submissions (lifetime), 1 GB bandwidth, and up to 1k visitors
- Costs $14/month (billed yearly) or $18/month (billed monthly)
- Suitable for simple, static sites
- Includes custom domain, 150 pages, and 500 form submissions per month
- Supports moderate traffic, 50 GB bandwidth, and up to 250k visitors
- Priced at $23/month (billed yearly) or $29/month (billed monthly)
- Ideal for a blog or content-driven sites
- Offers custom domain, 150 pages, 2k CMS items, 1k form submissions monthly
- Includes 3 content editors, site search, 200 GB bandwidth, and up to 250k visitors
- Costs $39/month (billed yearly) or $49/month (billed monthly)
- Ideal for a larger blog and larger sites in general
- Includes custom domain, 150 pages, 10k CMS items, 2.5k form submissions monthly
- Features 10 content editors, site search, form file upload
- Supports expanded traffic, 400 GB bandwidth, and up to 300k visitors
- Custom pricing (contacting sales required)
- Suitable for enterprise-grade solutions
- Offers unlimited users, enterprise-ready scale, advanced collaboration
- Includes guaranteed SLA and enterprise security
- Provides customer success services
Webflow Ecommerce Site Plans
These plans are more of an upgrade to an existing general site plan. When purchased, you get the equivalent general site plan features as well as additional ecommerce functionality.
- Priced at $29/month (billed yearly) or $42/month (billed monthly)
- Ideal for new businesses starting out
- Includes 500 ecommerce items and 2,000 CMS items
- Has a 2% transaction fee and unlimited sales volume
- Includes all CMS plan features
- Costs $74/month (billed yearly) or $84/month (billed monthly)
- Best suited for higher volume businesses
- Offers 5,000 ecommerce items and 10,000 CMS items
- No transaction fee and supports up to $200K annual sales volume
- Includes all Business plan features
- Priced at $212/month (billed yearly) or $235/month (billed monthly)
- Designed for scaling online businesses
- Includes 15,000 ecommerce items and 10,000 CMS items
- Zero transaction fee and unlimited sales volume
- Comes with all Business plan features
Webflow Enterprise for Ecommerce
Webflow's Enterprise offerings do not include a specialized ecommerce solution tailored for Enterprise clients.
While the Enterprise plan provides benefits like dedicated technical support, advanced security, and enhanced collaboration features, it does not specifically address the higher requirements of large-scale ecommerce platforms.
You may need to consider integrations with more robust commerce-specific platforms or explore other solutions beyond Webflow's current scope, if the 15,000 ecommerce items limit is not sufficient for you.
Webflow Workspace Plans
There are two types of Workspace plans: In-house Team Plans and Freelancers & Agencies Plans.
Webflow In-house Team Workspace Plans
These plans cater to the varying needs of a single company’s in-house teams, from individual designers to larger teams requiring enterprise-grade solutions.
- For individual designers
- Includes 1 user max, unlimited paid hosted sites (see site plans for pricing), 2 Webflow.io staging sites, 2 pages per site, 50 CMS items per site
- Offers 2 Agency/Freelancer Guests and 2 free commenters
- $19/month per seat (billed yearly)
- Suitable for small in-house teams e.g. marketing teams (3 users max.)
- Features include unlimited paid hosted sites, 10 staging sites, 150 pages per site, custom code, site password protection, user roles & permissions, code export
- Comes with 2 Agency/Freelancer Guests and 10 free commenters
- $49/month per seat (billed yearly)
- Designed for larger teams (9 users max)
- Offers unlimited paid hosted sites, unlimited staging sites, 150 pages per site, custom code, site password protection, user roles & permissions, publishing permissions, code export
- Includes 2 Agency/Freelancer Guests and 10 free commenters
- Custom pricing (contact required)
- For enterprise-grade solutions
- Features unlimited users, enterprise-ready scale, advanced collaboration, guaranteed SLA, enterprise security, and customer success services
Webflow Freelancers & Agencies Plans
These plans are tailored to the needs of freelancers and agencies, ranging from basic learning and small-scale projects to managing multiple clients and larger teams.
- Ideal for those learning Webflow and getting started
- Allows 1 user, 2 staging sites on Webflow.io domains
- Offers 2 Agency or Freelancer Guests and 2 free commenters
- $16/month per seat (billed yearly)
- Suits the need of a solo shop or small team
- Includes up to 3 users, 10 staging sites on Webflow.io domains, full CMS access on staging sites
- Provides free guest access in client Workspaces, basic roles and permissions, and 10 free commenters
- $35/month per seat (billed yearly)
- Designed for those managing multiple clients
- Features up to 9 users, unlimited staging sites on Webflow.io domains, full CMS access on sites
- Offers free agency/freelancer guest access in client Workspaces, advanced roles and permissions, and 10 free commenters
Webflow Enterprise Pricing
Webflow's Enterprise solutions are tailored to meet the specific needs of large-scale organizations and businesses. Unlike standard plans, there's no one-size-fits-all pricing or feature list available publicly for Enterprise solutions. This is because every aspect of the Enterprise tier, be it for Site plans or Workspaces, is custom-designed to align with the unique requirements, scale, and goals of each enterprise.
This bespoke approach ensures that enterprises receive a solution that precisely fits their workflow, security, collaboration, and scalability needs. From advanced security measures to dedicated support and guaranteed service level agreements (SLAs), Webflow's Enterprise solutions offer a comprehensive, tailor-made package.
Are there any additional or hidden costs in Webflow?
No, there are no hidden costs in Webflow. All costs are broken down into every little detail and transparent.
Alongside Site and Workspace plans, there three more actions of features that can incur additional costs:
- Domain Purchases - Webflow doesn't offer domain purchases. A domain name is essential, so it is still necessary to plan and calculate its costs.
- Webflow Localization - this feature allows you to create and manage your multilingual websites efficiently.
- Paid Webflow Templates - these professionally designed templates provide a starting point for building unique, high-quality websites quickly and with ease.
Webflow Localization Pricing
Webflow’s Localization feature allows you to build multilingual websites faster, saving on development costs, improves SEO and much more.
Webflow’s Localization Plans are bought as add-ons to your existing Site plans. All plans offer the following features:
- Machine-powered translation of every page
- CMS localization
- Static page localization
- Localized SEO
Webflow Templates Pricing
There are thousands of Webflow Templates to choose from. There are many free options, but also six paid options:
Find the best template to use for your project at Webflow’s official template library.
Webflow Pricing for Students and Educators
Webflow offers free solutions for students and educators, aiming to make web design and development more accessible.
Webflow for Students
- Webflow provides a free student plan for those with a dedicated email address from their university or school. This plan allows students to explore and learn Webflow's capabilities.
- Students enrolled at one of Webflow's approved online course partners, such as General Assembly, Thinkful, Ironhack, Designlab, Careerfoundry, and Coursera’s Google UX course, can also access this free plan through a unique link provided by their professor or course coordinator.
Apply to use Webflow's student discount.
Webflow for Educators
- Educators interested in teaching web design with Webflow can apply for a free workspace account. Once approved, they can invite their students to this account, enabling them to design, build, and launch custom websites without needing to code.
- Educators teaching at online schools can reach out to Webflow for a unique application link to provide their students with access to the free student plan.
Apply to use a free workspace account as an educator.
How does billing work?
In Webflow, billing is straightforward and transparent, designed to accommodate the diverse needs of individual users, teams, and large-scale enterprises alike. Here's what you need to know about the billing process:
Monthly vs. Yearly Billing
- Choice of Plans — Webflow offers the flexibility to choose between monthly and yearly billing cycles for both Site Plans and Workspace Plans. Opting for a yearly billing cycle provides a cost-saving advantage over the monthly option, allowing users to enjoy lower rates.
Upgrades, Downgrades, and Cancellations
- Upgrades — You can upgrade your plan at any time. When you do, the change is immediate, and the billing cycle adjusts accordingly, prorating the charges for the remainder of the billing period.
- Downgrades — Downgrading your plan can also be done anytime but will take effect at the start of the next billing cycle to ensure that you fully benefit from the plan's features until the cycle ends.
- Cancellations — If you decide to cancel your plan, the cancellation becomes effective at the end of the current billing cycle. This approach allows you to continue accessing the plan's benefits until the cycle completes.
Webflow accepts a range of payment methods, including major credit cards and PayPal. Enterprise clients may have access to additional payment options, such as invoicing, subject to approval and arrangement with Webflow's sales team.
To ensure uninterrupted service, Webflow plans automatically renew at the end of each billing cycle. You will receive a notification before renewal, giving you ample time to make any desired changes to your plan.
- Webflow offers better price-to-performance compared to other platforms. It includes many advanced features without needing extra plugins or integrations, reducing long-term costs.
- Webflow provides a variety of plans suitable for various needs, including free options for educators and students, ensuring affordability and accessibility.
- You can build your entire site before you buy a site plan. Their site plans include hosting and a fast CDN for every websit, regardless of the plan.
If you are still unsure about which plan suits you the best, or have other unanswered questions in mind, feel free to reach out to us. Our team is always readily available to help you on every step of the way on your Webflow journey.